Thursday, March 20, 2014

Philippians: 120 Hope

“According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.” Philippians 1:20


With faith in what God’s doing,
And peace with what He’s done,
We can have this expectation-
That He’ll finish what’s begun.

Surrender is essential
For Christ to work His will,
But in yielding all to heaven,
Heaven can our hope fulfill.

What greater aspiration
Than this can there be found?
That Christ in me be magnified
And praise to God resound.

If this remains our longing,
Our aim, and confidence,
Then Christ and God that cannot lie,
Our hope will recompense.

So you see, the Savior’s working
Is both to will and do.
And when our hope is set on Him
It surely will come true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment